Purpose: To encourage and to support West Contra Costa Retired Educators Scholarship Fund recipients in furthering their college education.
Number of Awards to be Given: 5
Amount: $1,000 per year
Date Application Due: FRIDAY, AUGUST 11, 2023
Details: At the end of the second and third years of higher education, the five continuing college education scholarship recipients will be eligible for scholarship renewal if the same criteria are met each year. Therefore, after three years of additional college education, this award is for up to $3,000 ($1,000/year).
Eligibility Criteria for Continuing College Education Scholarship:
- West Contra Costa Retired Educator 2022 Scholarship recipient.
- Full-time enrollment in a trade school, 2 year or 4-year college/university, verified by college registrar’s Fall 2023 class enrollment.
- Grade point average of 2.0 or above for 2022-23 academic year, verified by official college transcript.
- The completed Continuing College Education Scholarship Application Form (CLICK HERE for downloadable Word doc).
- Responses to the two prompts on the application form – not to exceed 1-2 pages (250-300 words).
- School Registrar’s Fall 2023 course enrollment/class schedule to verify enrollment.
- 2022-23 school transcript to verify 2.0 or above grade point average.
To apply for this Continuing College Education Scholarship, submit the four required documents electronically to Marilyn O’Brian at email@example.com by FRIDAY, AUGUST 11, 2023.